How do I get my resume in the 2020 SLS Resume book?
Send a pdf of your resume to email@example.com before the summit begins.
What is the dress code for the event?
Look smart but feel comfortable walking around (aka nice jeans are fine). The weekend will be a bit chilly (in the 40s). We will provide SLS t-shirts on Friday and ask everyone to wear them on Saturday 2/29.
Who will be at the Career Expo?
Our sponsors will have tables at the Career Expo. This is a great time for students to meet recruiters, pass out resumes, and learn about transportation companies.
How do I get to Wild Heaven Brewery?
We will provide an Uber code for transportation between campus and the brewery.
Do I have to leave Wild Heaven at 9PM?
You are welcome to stay at Wild Heaven past 9 (our event time). After 9PM, the space will also open up to the public. We encourage you to stay and mingle. Feel free to check out the breweries next to Wild Heave as well!
Any other questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Airport to Hotel: When you arrive, either MARTA or a rideshare will be your best options for getting to Tech . Take any train from the airport and get off at the Midtown MARTA Station. From the station take the Tech Trolley, rideshare, or walk to the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center.
During the Summit: The Georgia Tech Hotel is located on the portion of campus known as Tech Square. This is only a short walk to the Student Center and Clough Building. Campus transportation is free and you can get real-time information and routes by downloading GT Buses. Reach out to the ITE@GT team for accessibility concerns.
Transportation vouchers will be provided for students and professionals for travel between Wild Heaven Brewery and campus.
Parking: Overnight parking is available at the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center. Several visitors parking lots on campus provide hourly parking accommodations for campus visitors. Use Visitor Lots 2 or 3 on Friday, Visitor Lot 6 on Saturday, and Visitor Lot 1 on Sunday. More information on daily parking: http://pts.gatech.edu/visitors
Extra Time in Atlanta?
Things to Do
- Check out the Eastside Beltline as you walk or bike from Ponce City Market to Krog Street Market
- The Center for Civil and Human Rights downtown is offering free admission during the month of February and maybe see the whale sharks in the Georgia Aquarium also downtown
- Enjoy Jeni’s Ice Cream and shops in the West Side Provisions District
- Stroll around Piedmont Park (the Central Park of the South)
- Check out the MLK Historic District and National Park
Our Favorite Food Spots
- Boba tea is the best and convenient in Midtown at Sweet Hut
- Antico’s Pizza will make you feel like you are in Florence
- La Fonda‘s chips and cheese is 10/10
- Near campus? Check out Cypress Street Pint & Plate
- The Varsity (an ATL classic but we prefer Cook-Out)